Well, I’ve actually got something on my desk this week, but this doesn’t mean I’ve actually spent any time working at it. My desk has been my lap this week, and I really have managed to do something creative at last.
From top left, clockwise: my cut cardboard tubes ready to make mini-albums eventually. New Infusions. Bottle of nail glue. Plastic bag with clear false nails from Ebay. Hand-coloured Florabunda print-outs. Piece of brown sparkly card. Teabag stains on watercolour paper.
In more detail: you might wonder why there are false nail on my desk. Especially if you know that I never wear these! Well, you’ll just have to wait and see. All I will say for now is that I saw something amazing on the Internet last week but didn’t like the source of the material used, so after some considerable thinking outside the box, came up with the false nails solution. Watch this space… The teabag stains were completed some time ago; my hubby was at a church coffee morning and knew I collected teabags so he brought a whole lot of wet round ones home, and I thought I’d use them to make some more stains. I had left the dried sheet under some heavy books before I went into hospital, and only found it again yesterday, and dumped it on my desk! I can use these for doing small Zentangles etc. on.
The Florabunda pieces were completed yesterday on my lap on the recliner. I have a box with various print-outs of these ready for card making, and I suddenly got the desire to do some art and thought this would be a gentle re-introduction, so I brought down my coloured pencils and Perfect Pearls palette and got to work. Here is the result.
The one on the left was painted with Perfect Pearls (which of course don’t show up as shimmery on the photo) and the one on the right is done with coloured pencils.
These four identical printouts were all done with Perfect Pearls.
My card stash has got so low that I really must try and make a few more. This is an easy and relaxing way to make some toppers and one day soon when I’m feeling better, I can get them matted and layered and made into cards.
The district nurse has been coming twice weekly, and on Monday she replaced the large dressing with two small ones on the most problematic areas at the top and bottom of the wound. I think that she will probably not replace these when she comes tomorrow, which will then be her final visit. I am slowly recovering my strength and am able to do more for myself now, so my hubby isn’t having to help me quite so much. He is still doing the meals and I’m still getting pretty tired and needing to rest a lot. It is now 5 weeks since my operation, and next week I should be able to start introducing some fibre into my diet again – I quite enjoy the low residue diet, but I am looking forward to having my breakfast porridge, a wider variety of vegetables, and above all, fruit, once more.
We have noticed recently that Beatrice (now 16 1/2) is losing the spring in her back legs and is quite wobbly when she’s jumping up and down from things. She has a radiator hammock and she also likes sleeping on top of the radiator, and it’s a bit hazardous watching her negotiating this, so we’ve put a stool under the hammock and she uses this to help her climb up and down! She got the idea straight away. She’s also chosen a new favourite bed over the past couple of days – kitties are such creatures of habit and latch onto a favourite place for a while and then change it for no apparent reason! Here she is, fast asleep in my hubby’s basket, with her “Do not disturb” sign firmly in place!
Here are both girlies in one of their favourite places – one on each of my hubby’s knees!
Finally, one of Beatrice competing with my laptop for space on top of me!
Goodness, looking at this photo, I can see how much weight I’ve lost!!
Have a great WOYWW, everybody. Hopefully I’ll get a bit more done this week!