Wednesday 28 December 2016

WOYWW 395

Very late in the day uploading a post for WOYWW but we’ve  been out all day meeting up with friends for lunch – a lot of driving as we met them half way between where we each live. Such a social whirl over the weeks around Christmas that I haven’t had much studio time, but here’s my drawing zone with the next page of my Mamhead album ready to assemble.

WOYWW 395a 28-12-16

I’m using a bit more of the gorgeous blue inky kitchen paper for the background of the photo of the sea – when you get over to the far side of the woods, the view opens right up and you get a simply glorious view right over to Exmouth.

The second photo shows the pages arranged in their pairs. I’ve still got a couple of page pairs to complete, and then I can start adding embellishments and some text, before beginning to bind them together into a book.

WOYWW 395b 28-12-16

Please scroll down to previous posts to see further progress I’ve made on this album.

What a shame I’m not going to finish this project before the New Year! That would have been neat and tidy, wouldn’t it.

Here’s a birthday card I made from a drawing done on the iPad Pro. I downloaded a basic honeycomb pattern and a simple bee outline drawing and coloured them.

Bee on Honeycomb Card

We had a quiet Christmas, like the eye in the storm, what with all our meals out! Here’s part of my hubby’s Christmas present to me – a little gingerbread house from Lidl’s.

Lidl's Gingerbread House 25-12-16

I’ve got so many Christmas goodies to eat, and we’ve had so many slap-up meals recently that I despaired of my diet – I’ve tried to slot in an extra day here and there (I’m on the 5:2) to compensate for all the Christmas eating, and I’m happy to report that on yesterday’s weekly weigh-day, I’d only gained 1 lb!! I’m trying to ration myself with choccies and other delicious goodies.

I shall be doing my annual review post(s) over the next couple of days.

Happy WOYWW everybody and a happy New Year.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Shoshi, I hope you both had a lovely Christmas. A diet is first on the list for the New Year, I have managed to gain a couple of stone this year, and that has to go. I shall be doing the Jason Vale Juicing diet, as that works for me. I did it for a while earlier in the year, then sort of fell off the wagon.lol. Hope you have a good week, and a Happy New Year from us both. Hugs, Shaz #3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too, glad you enjoyed your Christmas. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon you're pretty close to completing that album now, Shoshi, but luckily, there's no such law that says it has to be completed by the end of the year. That ginger bread house is adorable! Are you actually going to eat it? Christmas is not very waist-line friendly, is it? I'm so going to give the 5:2 diet a try next year. I know I would find it a lot easier to ignore food if I was single. Having a family to shop and cook for makes it very hard to be disciplined about what I eat, but I'll try. I'll send you an email about those After Effect videos soon! Happy New Year if I don't talk to you before then! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though you didn't get your album done looks like you have it organized pretty good. Cute little gingerbread house! I hope you have a great New Year!
    Carol N #16

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a wonderful 2017 and loving the bee.
    sandra de @7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shoshi, you may be late posting but I'm late with my visits for sure. The card is lovely and the album will be great when completed. Have a great woyww, Angela x 6

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've had a great time out with family and friends over the holiday season. I love your pages. I can't wait to see the finished album.

    I just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year. It's been great reading your blog this year. You've really inspired me.

    Sharon K #19

    ReplyDelete
  8. Think we should form the WOYWW diet club. I certainly need it have to lose 10 kilos before my other hip op. Love your album. Happy slimmer new year! Ani x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still visiting, so you're late posting is lost on me!! lol
    Glad you had a good Christmas, all the best for 2017
    Christine #10

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...