Saturday 11 August 2012

Artist: Ryn Tanaka

Here is another post in my occasional series on artists whose work has touched me, and whom I would like to bring to your attention.

Ryn lives in Canada, and designs the most amazing art stamps – very different from much that is available to us. Her collection is growing, and is available here.

Here are an example of her stamps, as used by Linda Cain. (Clicking on this link will take you to Linda’s blog post where she profiles Ryn, in more detail than I am doing.)

Have you ever seen a stamp to produce realistic water droplets like this? Mine is now on order! The moths are amazing too, and on her site you can see that she’s designed flowers and leaves, marine-themed images, birds and – her latest – faeries, to name a few.

Ryn is not yet that well known, but I am sure she soon will be, because of the high standard of her work, and its very unusual and special nature. Her stamps are also made of high quality rubber, cling-mounted, and deeply-etched enough to use on other media than paper – on her site you can see examples in the galleries, of artists using them on ceramics, fabric and glass.

She has also just started a blog, which you can find here.

Check her out – I know you will not be disappointed!

8 comments:

  1. Shoshi, you touch my heart. Thank you so much for helping me to spread the word about my creations! This is a wonderfully thoughtful blog post :)Thank you ever so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shoshi, I too found Ryn a couple of months ago and I have ordered the water droplet stamp because it just looks so realistic. Ryn has asked that anyone using her stamps to send pictures to her which I think is a really nice touch. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I want some of these stamps, they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoshi, just popping by to say hello and to let you know I've added another blog, dedicated only to my craft work. Hope you're awap. Cindy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those water droplets are amazing - I shall be visiting her blog and investigating further, especially for moths as well - I feel an order coming on! Thanks so much for pointing me in her direction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crikey Shoshi, they are just FABulous! What a talented lady she must be. Thanks for sharing this I'm off to explore and probably part with some pennies too, lol. It's great for artists when other's promote their work and ends up bringing them more business. :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. have to check out the waterdrops WOW thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! They look even better on my laptop screen and I thought they were fab on my tiny phone screen when this email came in. Must go off and have a look again!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...