Later on, on Tuesday afternoon, I had another short session, but didn’t have time to deal with the photos and do a post about it, and then I wasn’t well enough on Wednesday to do anything. Not so much in this session – just some different flower pieces and some useful backgrounds! Thought I’d share them anyway, because they are juicy.
This is the first spraying. The strips at the top were offcuts when I cut the watercolour paper down to size – I’d thrown them away but then rescued them because I thought they might come in useful for something!
After blotting, and spraying again, I put my decreasing circles stencil over the papers and spritzed with water, left it to stand for half a minute or so, and then blotted it off.
I placed some of my rose pieces onto the backgrounds and sprayed again, to colour them. They acted as a mask, preventing the spray reaching the background underneath.
The flowers were removed and turned over ready to be sprayed on the other side, but I placed them back on the background in a different place from before, so that the first masking would become ghosted by subsequent spraying.
Here they are, sprayed and then blotted.
Finally, with the flowers removed from the background.
What I like about this technique is that the flowers created on the background by the first spraying are overlaid with more spraying when the flowers are moved, giving a ghosting effect which is quite subtle. As well as creating an interesting background, one is left with a number of useful flower pieces, coloured in subtle, co-ordinating shades, ready to be made up into 3-D flowers for embellishing other projects.
The next project is to make up the flowers ready for the swap with Judy. Watch this space!