Wednesday 6 June 2012

Derwent Inktense Pencils

For my birthday, my hubby gave me a set of 24 Derwent Inktense Pencils. Although similar to standard watercolour pencils in that you can draw with them and shade with them as you would a normal colour pencil, and then paint with a wet brush to blend out the colours and create colour washes, these are greatly improved. Firstly the colours are a lot more intense, and secondly, rather than watercolour, what you get when you add water is a permanent ink, so that when it is dry, you can build up subsequent layers without the underlying layers running. As soon as I saw these, I knew they were the ones I just had to have!

They come in a beautiful sturdy tin.

Gorgeous, aren’t they.

As I develop my zentangle art, I feel the need to branch out into a bit of colour, and these pencils are going to work their magic, I am sure, with their translucent, vibrant ink colours!

Here are my first experiments with my fabulous new pencils. I was trying out some fan shapes to go with my latest zentangle art picture. I’ll do a separate post about that.

They are fabulous to use. I think I prefer the pen and wash effect but I shall continue to work with them and increase my skills!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! You've sold them to me, must get me some. I do have some watercolour pens , which Iused on my latest (mums) card but the colours were quite yucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...