Sunday 25 March 2012

Zentangle - Mucha

I’ve been doing a bit more experimenting with Zentangles. Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas on Youtube have been doing what they call “Mooka” after Alphonse Mucha, the famous Art Nouveau artist who painted posters of glamorous women with flowing hair. They have created some gorgeous patterns with this style, forming shapes from a single stroke.

It looks easy but it’s actually very hard to achieve a good result, in my opinion! After quite a bit of practice I’ve come up with these.

07 Mucha 1

08 Mucha 2

09 Mucha 3

I adore the Art Nouveau style which is so flowing and fluid. I definitely need more practice with this style of Zentangle, which is not at all easy to achieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...