Tuesday 22 March 2011

Another Texture Overlay and an Envelope

I have done another texture overlay, this time from a photo of a Romanesco cauliflower – I love these, because they show incredible fractal design. The first time I saw one I couldn’t believe it! Here are the photos I took of the cauliflower:

Cauliflower 3 10-10-04

Cauliflower 1 10-10-04

Cauliflower 2 10-10-04

Here is the texture overlay that I have created.

Cauliflower

This is the overlay on a purple background.

Cauliflower on Purple Background

I also did an envelope for the retirement card I made.

Envelope for Retirement Card

First of all, I inked the edges with Dried Marigold Distress Ink, and then added some Milled Lavender Distress Ink, and then I stamped the leaves and flowers in the same colours, doing multiple stampings with the rubber stamp between re-inking, to give the dimensional effect. I am always amazed what you can do with distress inks, and how you can so easily transform a piece of plain white paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...