Wednesday 15 December 2010

Toilet Roll Mini-Album – Psalm 122, Pt 3

At the moment I’m working on the flowers and leaves which will decorate my mini-album. I have cut a sheet of mixed sizes of flowers and leaves from the horrible orange card, which is now totally unrecognisable – thank goodness!
I have inked some with Black Soot Distress Ink, and they have all been painted with Perfect Pearls in various strengths. I particularly like how the orange card shows through the more lightly-painted flowers.

Here is a picture of a small selection of them, showing before and after embossing.

04 Flowers and Leaves -  Before and After Embossing

Last night I finished cutting and painting them, and today I’ve started embossing them with a hand-embossing tool which is double-ended, with a metal ball end in two sizes. Some of the flowers have been embossed from the front, so that the petals stick up, and some from behind, to give a domed effect. I have done this with the leaves, too, and added a central vein. The leaves have been painted with copper Perfect Pearls over Black Soot Distress Ink, with a gold Perfect Pearls accent.

Still to do – centres for the flowers, made with Stickles (glitter glue).

2 comments:

  1. Shoshi, your flowers are going to be beautiful! I really need to take a weekend and sit down and learn how to make all these flowers. But then, I can always order from The Frantic Stamper - those Prima Flowers! Nah, I'll learn how!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is coming on lovely shoshi, cant wait to see it all finished, Its will be well loved, looked at for years to come,I am sure

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...