Sunday 11 July 2010

Video about M.E.

Here's a video a friend has just told me about, which points up some of the problems we have to deal with as far as M.E. is concerned.



Of course, not all people with M.E. suffer the same symptoms that Bond Girl suffers from - the symptoms are many and varied, but several are shared by us all (the post-exertional malaise, overwhelming exhaustion, pain in varying degrees, sleep problems etc.).

After my busy day at the SW Disability Show yesterday I'm suffering payback today, and have spent most of the day resting, but that's OK - I'm not prepared to simply stop doing things I enjoy just because they make me worse! The secret is striking the right balance and not consistently overdoing things, which will have a serious knock-on effect - the occasional bit of rash enjoyment is always worth it!!

One day this disease (not a "syndrome") will be recognised for what it is by the medical profession and by health ministries and governments. Until then, we must continue the fight to spread correct information, to inform, and to educate. Please spread the word. We need you.

2 comments:

  1. Well, this is a very good video, both informative and entertaining. I always thought that Chronic Fatigue Syndrome was a very bad name! It makes it sound like someone is just very tired, not the case! I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia years ago. It doesn't bother me much anymore, but only because I've gotten worse problems since then that cover it up. Your wheelchair is really jazzy looking, do you need it all the time? You have such a great sense of humor, and that comes through your blog and must be so encouraging to others! I see that this blog can be such a good thing; an outreach to others to teach them about this and also see that you have not let it stop you, you are an inspiration to others! Have you just started blogging in May? I have signed on to be your follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Ginny - I've posted a message on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...